Saturday, April 16, 2011

Vintage clothing store in the Philippines: Funky Plum, Paranaque City


08

Funky Plum is a vintage clothing store in Paranaque City, the Manila suburb where we live. Think of it as an upscale ukay-ukay shop and the good thing is, they offer extra services like dress alterations. Their boutique just has a small space, but their unique selections has got me going back several times already. Some of the clothes are unreasonably priced high (P1,500 for an ukay item is expensive!) but a savvy shopper like me has found a way: just wait for the items to go on sale!

Here are some of my well-loved finds:
An irregular shaped bag with the most attractive colors. I bought this bag at P1,200 with the summer season in mind. It is just attractive and bursting with life, don’t you think? I am not really the type who’d go for expensive branded bags. As long as a thing serves its aesthetic purpose, it’s fine by me. This bag is labelled Monica and is Made in Japan.
P1050271

No comments:

Post a Comment